If you are in the position where you need to call in a gas leak detection company, then the situation is already serious. Natural gas and propane are potentially explosive gases, and a wrong move here or there could prove catastrophic. It’s important to take immediate action and have the problem dealt with before a disaster happens.
When you call Plumbing Solutions in Concord, CA and the surrounding area, you can count on safe and reliable gas line leak repair to keep you and your family safe. We have the experience and the skill to detect your gas leak and make the necessary repairs.
Do I Have a Gas Leak?
If you’re like most people, when you smell gas in your home, your first instinct is to find the source of the leak. Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely that you’ll be able to find the source without the proper equipment. Instead, it is imperative to evacuate your family from the house as quickly as possible, making sure to open as many windows as you can along the way. Some of the signs to watch for include a rotten egg sulfur smell or the sound of gas escaping from the gas line, which will sound like hissing.
From there, you’ll need to contact your state’s gas company, which is PG&E for those living in a city or county located in the Bay area. They have an emergency hotline for situations like these: 1-800-743-5000.
Whether you’re sure if you have a gas leak or not, it’s important to call for gas leak detection to find out. The last thing you want to do is assume that everything is fine and then end up with a fire or explosion.
Important Steps to Take
1. If you notice any of the signs, be sure to vacate the premises immediately. Also, don’t turn on any lights, stoves or ovens and don’t use any matches or lighters.
2. The gas company should send one of their experts out as soon as one is available to conduct a free pressure test to locate the leak in your pipe system. Once testing is completed, there will only be two options: your home passes the test and is safe to re-enter, or it fails and further consultation will be needed.
3. If PG&E is not able to find the source of your leak, they will either shut off the gas to your house entirely, or red tag a specific appliance. A red tag means that you’ll first need to make an appointment with a local leak detection specialist for further repairs, since gas companies cannot do the actual repairs themselves.
4. Once the gas leak detection experts have completed the necessary repairs, you’ll need to schedule another inspection with the gas company before they turn your home’s gas back on. Some standards and codes can be city or county specific, and will have to be met in order for the gas to be turned back on to your house. This is why it’s important to get your information and estimates from a licensed plumber. If code issues aren’t addressed before the inspection, the gas company won’t turn your gas back on.
5. It’s always best to find a local plumber who has the equipment and expertise to handle leak detection because they will know the safety standards for your location and how to get your home back up to code at the most affordable price. Remember, even static electricity can cause trouble. So get to fresh air, call your gas company, then call Plumbing Solutions for your gas leak detection and repair in the San Francisco Bay area.
Why Work with Our Team?
Besides exceptional customer service and high quality technical services, you get a range of benefits from working with Plumbing Solutions, including:
- Same Day Service – You can get the help you need, when you need it with our same day service policy.
- Iron-clad Warranties – Having a strong warranty is like having added insurance that your repair or installation will be just right.
- Reliable Technicians – Trusting the technicians that come into your home is crucial, and we have some of the best.
- Flat-rate Pricing – There is no need to worry about hidden fees or surprise charges because the quote you get at the start is what you’ll pay.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – If you’re not satisfied than neither are we, and we won’t stop working until you are.
Preventing Gas Leaks
Walk around your home to inspect your gas lines. If you find any corrosion or breaks along the pipes, there’s a good chance you have a gas leak.
Make sure that you choose professional plumbers from a licensed business. When you choose a plumber based solely on the price they’re charging, you’re putting the safety of your home and family at risk.
Once you smell natural gas in your home, it is imperative that you leave your home immediately. Once you’re in a safe location, call your local gas company to report any damage to your gas pipes. Remember, no damage is too small to report.
Repairing Gas Leaks
Repairing a single gas leak just requires replacing the damaged pipes or coupling. But if you have multiple gas leaks throughout your system, gas line repiping may make more sense. Learn more about our gas line repair and replacement or call now to speak with a live, local plumber.
Scheduling You Appointment Today
Before you schedule an appointment to have a local plumber inspect your home, you’ll want to make sure that you know the answer to the following questions:
- Do they have the proper gas leak detection equipment?
- Can they handle the repairs?
- Is the gas leak detection credited towards the final bill?
Finally, check through their review sites to read about the quality of work they’ve done in the past.
Other Services We Offer
- Residential plumbing services in Alamo, CA
- Trenchless sewer repair in Danville, CA
- Water heater services in Clayton, CA
- drain cleaning services in Martinez, CA
- Tankless water heater installations in Pleasant Hill, CA
Discover what others have been saying when you visit our reviews page today.